Adopt → Adoption Process
Adoption Fees, Forms & Process
Second chances happen every day at Paws Humane. Through expert care and a whole lot of love and commitment, we find homes for thousands of animals each year. There are no time limits for animals in our adoption program. We offer same day adoptions and adoptions are first-come, first-serve as long as it’s a good match! Since the individual needs of each animal and adopter vary, an Adoption Counselor will work with you one-on-one to help you find the right match for your home. We recommend you allow ample time to learn about your new companion and complete the process.
The adoption process generally takes at least 30 minutes and wait times can vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours during peak times. We may need to stop checking in clients approximately 30 minutes prior to closing time to accommodate potential adopters on our waiting list.
All adopters must provide a valid photo ID.
We also suggest coming in during non-peak hours (weekday afternoons) as it reduces the potential for long waits.
To ensure our animals and adopters are properly matched, we have a few adoption guidelines.
- Adoption Counselors are available to help you with any questions you may have about our animals. If you see an animal that seems like a good match, but need some additional guidance, we are here to help!
- Using our tablet or one of our computers, each potential adopter will complete an online application for the animal they are interested. To do so, visit our Adoption page on our website and select the photo of the animal. Then, simply click the ‘Apply for Adoption’.
- Once completed, your application is sent directly to an adoption counselor. The adoption counselor may ask additional questions regarding your residence, family members living in the household and other animals living in the home to ensure the best match is made.
- Once a match is made, we will complete the adoption digitally using your smart phone. Don’t have a smart phone? No problem! We have tablets onsite as well. From either device, you are able to sign your adoption contract and enter your form of payment.Once that process is done, you can head over to our retail center if you are missing any supplies you may need. All cats must go home in a carrier and all dogs must leave in a proper leash and collar.
- Next, your adoption counselor will go over all medical information about your new pet, all the benefits of adopting from Paws Humane, and answer any final questions you may have.
- Finally, you get to take your new best friend home!
- Adult dogs (6 months +): $75
- Puppies (Under 6 months): $125
- Senior dogs (7 years +): $25
- Adult cats (6 months +): $25
- Kittens (Under 6 months): $75
- Senior cats: (7 years +): $10